Wednesday, August 25, 2021

195 lb press x 1 x 5, 205 lb press x 1 x 5 sets , 24 kg swings, band tri ext

 This went very well. Was more than a bit nervous but putting my hip into it but I figured going back to really locking the knees and my closer stance could do the trick. The presses worked fine but I did get a little glute tightness post workout that had me worried. Until I unlocked things with a completely different corrective strategy.
releasing deep hip rotators and activating hip flexors ( marching in place, some banded knee raises, isometric adduction holds, and toe touch stretches with adduction activation and abs as well.

I think that one weird day with my hips all the way out in front, essentially unsupported really pushed me over the edge.too much external rotation and glute tightness pushed the sacrum forward

So, to bring it back A to P do the opposite ( as described above) .seems to be working, and I don't think it was my regular press that tweaked it again today but an unweighted demo of what I did last wed as I felt my glutes start to get tight and feel weird right after that

But NOT from the prior presses. We'll see

Press technique: close stance, spot the X, lock knees ( including big toe down)pause, hip drive and shove bar overhead

195 x 1 x 5





These went great! really really nice line

205 x 1 x 5 sets ( 4 shown)




These felt a little more 'off', mainly from balance at start( separating big toe plant from knee lock, have to do them simultaneously

All in all very satisfied and encouraged about the future of my press

24 kg swings

5 x 8/8

Green band ext
2 x 20
Green + red mini
1  x 20 

LOVE this exercise. triceps are growing too!

BW 175.8
BF 14.2

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...