Saturday, August 21, 2021

60 and 64 kg One arm swings, pistols, laterals/rear delts

 

New bell in the collection; a GreatLakes Girya 64 kg bell. Makes for a very nice transition from the 60 to the 68, which I've done, obviously, but it's a big jump

But when I got the bell I realized it was not what I expected with a 9.5 " wide and 5 1/4" thick handle!

I was sure I would hit the side of the handle on the inside of my knee,as I did with the Rogue 44 kg, although I didn't think the thickness would be an issue

I was wrong on both  counts

The grip was a bitch and I only did 4 reps per side, no transfer on the first set as I hadn't taken it seriously enough and it was slipping.  Cinched up better on the right arm and made 5 reps. But it was a beast

But the edges of the handle didn't bother me at all! 72.5MM window makes the center of gravity even lower and this bell, all considered swings as heavy as my  Rogue 68. But it's a great bell nonetheless and by the 6th  set with it I was getting the hang of it

I will add this in
5sets with 60 kg
3 sets with 64 kg
2 sets with 68 kg 

as the last part of the micro cycle

today was
4 sets with 60 x 5/5

Second set of 4/5  with 64
9th  set 64 kg
Pistol practice
3 sets of 5/5 I like the double front squats but I could feel my hip flexors missed these

side raises, rear delts

3 x 10/10 15s

BW 174.8 !! lowest I've been in eons
BF 13.5 !

not great sleep of late and had a sacral sublux scare on top of it thursday. not fun but all good again. haven't had sciatica in 20 years. That was enough  of a reminder

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...