Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Technique breakthrough- Back to the future 205 x 1 x 7 sets, 24 kg swings, band tricep extension

 

Back to the future it seems

The workout started as planned, using the latest technical cues of  X KNEES GLUTES ARCH HIP DRIVE

Worked ok went up pretty well

65 85 105 x 2
135 x 1 
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1 ok but not super fast, already feeling more loose than I want in knees
200 x 1 slow, knees gave a bit and bar out in front, PLUS I was getting a little 'drop and pop' which was the whole point of this session  TO AVOID THAT~!

     Then I got the crazy idea to 'feed the mistake' -since I wanted to use my old lat flex ( squeeze the sponge technique with my  kb press AND actually, my  barbell bench press style ) see if I could do it on purpose instead of by mistake

Dropped down to 175 and if FLEW! then this 195

then 200 the same
then SEVEN singles with 205 and it worked like a freaking charm every single set. I set up with the X, then knee lock then SQUEEZE THE SPONGE AND LAUNCH and it did! I found that as soon as I flexed the lats the glutes fired too! Bonus. sets 1-7







Can't wait to try this with 215 on Monday! this really feels comfortable, natural and man did it give me some speed all the way  to the top!

24 kg swings

5 x 8/8

Green band tri ext
4 x 20, 17, 17

BW 176.6
BF 14.7

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...