Monday, June 28, 2021

Another 225 lb press, wt pushups, laterals, rear delts

 Well this went well today even though, as usual, I fix one thing and forget to focus on the other. This means I kept my knees locked pretty well today but did not keep my elbows from flaring enough. But I made the lifts despite this, even though it made me work way harder than necessary

It's a big leap though as after a very rough 215 I still made 225  with the  10 lb jump,even though the lockout wasn't great.

I thought offsetting my right hand grip just a tad would fix that but it fixed the soft right elbow lock but didn't keep my elbows in. Can't pinch them in at the start as it always causes me to drop the elbows or flex the T spine so I guess it has to be elbow in at MID PRESS

Good news is that I'm strong and technique issues are minimal

I almost made BOTH the 225 misses as well

205 and a rough 215


then onto the 225 make
then the two strong misses at 225


and then a strong 3rd downset with 205
had some soft knees and a miss on the second attempt going too far back trying to correct the elbow flare

wt pushups horiz parallel bar
BW x 10
53 x 10
85 x 8 x 2
this was good

One arm laterals
3 x 10/10 with  20
bent lateral
3 x 10 with 20

BW 176.8
BF 14.7
W 56.8

No comments:

44 kg swings 25 x 5, 44 kg belt squats 3 x 10, pistols 3 x 4, pullaparts 3 x 30

 This was strong but not well focused as was up a lot last night with the dogs ( luna stayed over and no one really settled ) But things wer...