Monday, June 21, 2021

225 lb press! 205 x 1 x 5, wt pushups, laterals

 This worked out WAY better than expected lol. Pretty beat up by the last week(s) and did not have very big expectations about today, But because I was so tired I really relaxed about getting the numbers and just did my best

It all went well. After I made 225 I decided to take my win and go down and not take a chance on a miss. I wanted to end on a win and I did

Standing Press
65 85 105 x 2
135 x 1
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1 FAST



205 x 1
215 x 1

This went "ok" as trying to 'pinch' my elbows tight before the press made them drop down a bit and made it much harder than it should have been
I realized the problem this time AT the Time and corrected for the next lift 225
Thought about taking it over but I thought if I make the correction I'll make 225 but if I waste it on 215 I might not have the juice to do two plates

SO I took the risk and it paid off. this felt great. still need a better lockout and more especially on the right arm but I'LL TAKE IT!! 225 x 1

205 x 1 x 5 sets 
These went perfectly
I just have to make sure to keep my LEFT elbow in as I start and DON'T drop anything trying to get tight. this 205 is technically perfect for me. Elbows don't move down at all before I press

Wt horiz parallette pushups
BW x 10
53 x 10 X 3
done slowly with elbows in.locked knees and pauses at the top of each  rep. This is actually turning into an ideal assistance exercise for my press

one arm laterals 3 x 8/8 20
bent lateral 3 x 8 20

BW 176
BF 14.

No comments:

44 kg swings 25 x 5, 44 kg belt squats 3 x 10, pistols 3 x 4, pullaparts 3 x 30

 This was strong but not well focused as was up a lot last night with the dogs ( luna stayed over and no one really settled ) But things wer...