Wednesday, June 02, 2021

195 lb press x 2 x 8 sets! PR! 24 kg swings,floor pushups, reverse curls

 Man did this go great! perfectly, in fact! Every rep of each of the eight sets went just bout perfectly. This is NO knee bending and bar paths all went back over face. Some of the fastest reps I've done. Just LOCK THE KNEES! LOCK THE KNEES! LOCK YOUR DAMN KNEES!   (  with apologies to bikram lol)

It just worked. with the knees locked and remaining locked the entire lower body just was solid as hell and no power was leaked. Hence, every ounce of energy I put into the vertical push of the bar went into the bar and bar speed was excellent!

Here are the fourth and eighth set with 195 for doubles ( which is a huge pr)


Could not be happier. Finally felt in control of this press

24 kg swings 5 sets of 8/8

Floor pushups

3 sets of 50 really kept elbows IN tight to mimic and strengthen rack position at start

4 pm band reverse curls ( forgot to add these in so)
red band 3 sets of 20, 15, 10

palms up curls band too

2 set of 10

feels good to do these again.. Arms look big but biceps are puny. I stopped training biceps after my tears from snatching and didn't want to load them too much as I was still snatching and cleaning but I keep my  elbow locked on my swings so this should be fine

Plus I have an imbalance now and need stronger elbow flexors

BW 178!
BF 13.7

No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...