Saturday, March 14, 2020

195 lb press x 1 x 7, 225 rackhold,pistols, floor pushups



Weird day. Body was good but head was all over the place with this Corona virus crisis that's exploded  these last two days exponentially. Some seriously scary shit and something's that's impacting  me and everyone else in very intense ways with no guarantee of much worse to come.

A world wide shutdown. Never thought I'd see it happen like this. The  power grid going out, or being taken out,a war, a natural disaster sure ,but not a flu pandemic

The only thing that doesn't change is that everything changes. All the freakin time, and when you least expect it, the world shifts. And the change usually hurts.

That's what we train for, practice for, prepare for, to be strong when it counts. In the real world. Game time.

Everything else is just hot air.

The good news is that the Kono press technique felt great, but I was not that strong in the groove. It was a nice straight line, and I felt under it the whole way but I  could tell those muscles were not being used to work precisely like that. But  they'll get stronger

The key is that the line is correct.'

Setup has to be flat on my feet with tight quads

Flex the lats and load

Drive the head back first and the hips forward at the same time.

Was so focused on head drive I missed a strong hip move but it's fine it'll come. the good news also is that everything felt very natural and balanced. No weird positions I was trying to force myself into

The 225 lb rack hold was perfect and I can really see how that will help.



Press
65 85 105 x 5
135 x 2
155 x 2
175 x 2
195 x 1 x 7 sets
( missed set 6 first try, fell back to old hip drive.)

rack holds
225 x 5 sec x 2

Pistols
4 x 5/3

Floor pushups
53
53
50

better than expected

BW 172.2
BF 12.6


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...