Wednesday, March 04, 2020

135-175 weight ladder, 20 kg snatches, one arm lateral, rear delts



Did not sleep well at all last night , my first rib was really really out and after spending most of the evening working on it it wasn't right.

Levator scapula was locked down and I tried everything I new. It was the jump stretch band over the shoulder to depress the rib that seemed to help the most

sleeping was  a nightmare, up every couple hours and fitful sleep in between but once I got up and started moving it felt decidedly better; and continued to do so all morning.

Actually felt pretty  normal by the time I was to train; as I hoped it would be. Too many times like this but havent had pain like this in years and I don't miss it, That used to be my life x 10000. yikes

No wonder I was cranky

Went back to the form I used at the start when I was walking it out :

1) set the feet under the bar so the bar is directly over mid foot
2) unrack with quads then lay back into glutes.
     not an exaggerated arch
3) thumbed grip
4) load the arms; think of this press as an arm/ shoulder move, not a lower body lift
5) press the bar straight up and lay back but not excessively
 move around the bar, don't expect the bar to move around me

Press
65 85 105  x 4
135 x 5
145 x 5
155 x 5
165 x 5
175 x 3
175 x 2

just tired and using a new groove. videoed set was the worst,the rest were much smoother. Plus this feels natural very much like a close stance high bar squat does. Don't have to think

20 kg snatch
6 sets of 5/5
60 reps
2640 lbs

these felt good on the shoulder, which btw felt totally normal during the pressing! so weird how it can go from one horrible extreme to the other so quicly

one db lateral
3 sets of 10 with 15s
rear delt
3 x 10 with 20's palms facing

BW 172.4
BF 14.1


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...