Saturday, July 03, 2021

40kg One Arm swing, new protocol, pistols, laterals/rear delts

 Today was the first workout of the new protocol. Five sets of five reps on all weights as I cycle them each  week. 
This worked better than I expected with power output ( bell height) dramatically higher. Not thinking about saving your energy  for what you know will be a death march for the last 5-6 reps of the second arm made a big difference

today's set


last months

Like I said, dramatically better
Plus MUCH less mental stress

Fifteen sets was no problem but I could tell hands were starting to start to heat up. I will increase this volume very slowly to 20.Eventually but it could take months

No hurry

One Arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 5/5 x 15 sets

150 reps
13,200 lbs
Nice!

Also, and could be an important point, I found myself going back to the "baboom" technique of the athletic hinge today almost by accident but it felt right so I went with it
hinge first then squat down. I've been breaking at the knee then hinging back of late but this just happened today.We'll see if it's an anomaly 



Pistol Practice
3 x 5/5
Shifted my weight ( head over foot) to get my COM over my base and it felt good. But it's different and my depth was way off. Couldn't even feel it but the video doesn't. Will concentrate on it next week.
Also, will start on right leg to get the Rec Fem pre activated before the left leg pistols as it needs ore work

Laterals/rear delts
3 x 10/10 20 lb

BW 176.4 
BF 13.2
W 57.9

No comments:

44 kg swings 25 x 5, 44 kg belt squats 3 x 10, pistols 3 x 4, pullaparts 3 x 30

 This was strong but not well focused as was up a lot last night with the dogs ( luna stayed over and no one really settled ) But things wer...