Monday, July 26, 2021

215lb press x 1 x 7, wt pushups, one arm lateral, rear delts

 So close but not like last wednesday. It was solid but not perfect.Left wrist was bothering me again and that distracted my setup just enough . I switched to my old powerlifting wrist wraps and that seemed to help. More hoop tension and coverage

But that wasn't why it didn't go as well. I rushed the setup and did not develop nor keep enough lower body tension

I wasn't ROOTED. Knees were locked but then I just pushed my hips forward without tightening glute so I leaked a bit through the knees on some

Did spot the X though and that definitely helped. I DID make 7 reps with 215 and the weren't that slow either!

Gotta 

UNRACK AND SPOT THE X

LOCK KNEES THEN GLUTES THEN PAUSE!!! DEAD STOP PAUSE!

DRIVE BAR TO LOCKOUT AND KEEP KNEES LOCKED

Watching the videos I don't like how I push my hips forward to get some stretch reflex as the bar drops and my chest does as well. take away from my hip tightness

135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1 ok
205 x 1 ok but not lightening fast
215 x 1 set one two and three



set four and six


set seven


205 x 1  downsets
sets one and three


Gotta get and stay  rooted. that is the key. getting better but not there yet. repeat 215 next week if not also on wednesday. maybe 210

wt pushups

bw x 10
53 x 10 x 3
Slow and strict with pause on each lockout

one arm laterals/ bent laterals
3 x 8
3  x8/8 20s

BW 177.2
BF 13.6

         

No comments:

44 kg swings 25 x 5, 44 kg belt squats 3 x 10, pistols 3 x 4, pullaparts 3 x 30

 This was strong but not well focused as was up a lot last night with the dogs ( luna stayed over and no one really settled ) But things wer...