Monday, July 12, 2021

205, 215 225 misses( 3x) BW v pushups, band pullaparts

 This should have been better despite having to train alone. Good sleep and enough,light workload and plenty of prep time mentally. Went into the gym very  calm actually, focusing on not thinking, just moving through it and doing it when I had to not before

It worked well for the most part but it turns out from the videos I was moving too much in the knees and not enough in the hips

And because it was just a little bit from the knees there wasn't enough force put on the bar to get through the sticking point and I stalled

I stalled at a decent place but  there was no going further. Have to learn to load that hip better, load the bow better. I felt it from the warmups, they were strong but not fast and when I lead from the knees the bar goes forward. Again, because it wasn't too much leaking it didn't go too forward, but just  enough to slow things down and again, that won't go with 225.

195 and 205


215 ok just not enough hip
the first attempt with 225 which turned out to be my best attempt. with just a little more hip this would have gone. the overall technique and positions were fine

the second one I leaned back at the sticking point

and the third was not too bad, actually. pretty tired now but a good fight

set 2 of 4 downset with 205, couldnt have done another set. triceps very tired but symmetrically


I think I'm going to go back to triple progression now, with singles. work up to 5 x 1 with 215, then the same with 220 then go back to 225. I think I need more heavier volume. 215 is 95% of 225

Can't hurt to give it a try

V pushups
bw x 10, 15, 17 20
no way  to load weight on back

Band pullapart
4 sets of 30 red band

BW 177.1
BF 13.8

No comments:

44 kg swings 25 x 5, 44 kg belt squats 3 x 10, pistols 3 x 4, pullaparts 3 x 30

 This was strong but not well focused as was up a lot last night with the dogs ( luna stayed over and no one really settled ) But things wer...