Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Fell off the peak 225 miss,ugly technique and all over the place

 This  just goes to show you that feeling good going into the workout is no guarantee of success at all. lol

Slept great, felt great, weighed right, mentally  fine and shit the bed

Just one freaking misalignment with this move and it just doesn't go

I purposely did not lift my elbow so high after unracking, trying to keep them vertical. I didn't realize it but I ended up pushing the bar forward, I was all over the place from 205 on up. What a mess

Press
135 x 1 x 2
155 x 1 x 2
175 x 1 x 2 ( thought extra warmup would help. didn't make a difference)
195 x 1 good
205 x 1 forward

215 x barely, so ugly
didn't dare go to 225 but didn't want to waste an attempt with 215 so I took 220 and missed it completely

then back down to 205 for some ugly reps and a decent one so I went back to 225 and missed but a better grind
Just bar too high on neck, then too low and elbows under, legs loose ack, all over the place

I have to get more of my COM in front of the bar or the sheer weight of the bar and my torso make it way too easy to fall backwards off balance

That's why the old "load the bow"helped- it forced my hips in front of the weight and helped counter balance the load but still inconsistent and too easy to bend the knees.

SO I know this, elbows have to be somewhat in front of the bar and hips do as well. How much? That's gotta be by  feel I'm afraid

24 kg swing
5 x 8/8

Floor pushups
2 x 50

BW 174.
BF 13.7

No comments:

44 kg swings 25 x 5, 44 kg belt squats 3 x 10, pistols 3 x 4, pullaparts 3 x 30

 This was strong but not well focused as was up a lot last night with the dogs ( luna stayed over and no one really settled ) But things wer...