Wednesday, March 16, 2022

225 lb press( 8th time) 24 kg swings, floor pushups

 Not a bad outing. Not perfect but I made two plates again, two weeks in a row even ( a pr itself) and one step closer to really getting the timing down

Slept well last night, DST considered, and getting somewhat used to ( already) going right to heavy work with no mental press before. It might actually be a help. Just glad it's not freezing cold but I am still layering up and that's making a difference

Plenty of misses though as I experimented. The key problem right now is falling back as I press. If I prevent that I have a much better chance of making the lift. warmups went so so as I was heavy  early

Press
65 85 105 x 2
135 x 1
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1 ( slow think I lost the X)
205 x 1 slow too but ok

215 x 1 ( wobbly but decent acceleration at the top. falling back here but timed it right
the a miss at the first 225- totally fell back, bar out in front. Then this make
Still fell back too much but timed it enough to make it
then two more misses at two more attempts ( one I rushed, the other waited too long)
then 205 x Miss as I really waited too long then got the timing right and hit 4 single with 205 really strong


It seems I have to unrack, lock the legs then go right away  while keeping the knees locked AND keeping on the X , all things I know. but they are key

24 kg swings
5 x 8/8

Floor pushups
50
50
35

really sore already lol

BW 174.0 !
BF 13.9

No comments:

44 kg swings 25 x 5, 44 kg belt squats 3 x 10, pistols 3 x 4, pullaparts 3 x 30

 This was strong but not well focused as was up a lot last night with the dogs ( luna stayed over and no one really settled ) But things wer...