Wednesday, March 09, 2022

225 lb press at 65 years.

 Not bad at all. Switching max effort to Wednesdays seems to be off to a good start. Definitely more rested and Monday's limited workout did not leave me sore, which was just what I was hoping. No time for pre workout bath or mental prep but I just dressed warmed and that seemed to help a lot AND being mentally tired might actually help me by keeping my mind too fatigued to get in my own way
Didn't sleep well either and right forearm and wrist were tight for some reason!

It wasn't the most perfect rep ( lockout weak) but I made it on the first attempt and and 215 went great before that.

The key issue seems to be NOT letting myself move  backwards AT ALL prior to pressing or it presents some sort of issue. Not quite sure HOW to stop it; I tried waiting longer but that can cause it's own balance problems, tried pushing up taller but that wasn't perfect but I know the reps where I dead stop it, with my  COM balance point in front of the are the best, I don't lean back to start and I don't fall back at the sticking point

More to work on but I made it! My first two plate press over 65 years and my fourth time with plates and my seventh lift with 225!

Onto 52 lifts! lol

Press

65 85 105 x 2
135 x 1, 155 x 1,175 x 1
195 x 1 wobbly
205 x 1 strong!

215 x 1 fast( a bit wobbly because of slight fall back at start but good lockout)
225 x 1 ( pretty significant rushing at start but somehow found the line!)
225 x Miss x 2 ( too much rushed start and lean back)

then 6 sets of 1 with 205 some better than others

these next two have the most solid start position of all

24 kg swings
5 x 8/8 solid

no pushups already sore

BW 174.4
BF 13.5

1 comment:

Pete said...

Nice work Rif!

44 kg swings 25 x 5, 44 kg belt squats 3 x 10, pistols 3 x 4, pullaparts 3 x 30

 This was strong but not well focused as was up a lot last night with the dogs ( luna stayed over and no one really settled ) But things wer...