Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Press practice 175 lbs x 10 x 2, 24 kg Lions roar snatch 5 x 5/5, wt pushups



 This started out pretty sucky despite high expectations I had "figured it out". At  least  the hip drive part of it but I was leaking power through soft knees and I didn't figure it out ( well Glenn and Nick figured it out) til the last 3 sets ( hence 10 instead of 8 ) but it was worth it

The bow is right. But I have to keep my knees locked or I leak the power there and the shock wave never makes it up to the bar

I didn't think they were bending that much, even after looking at vids but once I felt it locked I realized I was bending way more

My 220 lb press I made they were locked. the 225 lb miss they were not. In fact in re looking at the misses and makes at 215 and above all the makes had more locked knees and the misses were all soft, starting with a half ass pushpress

Also I have to unrack the bar with hip extension and not  my knees. I think if I initiate with the knees that's where the leakage starts.
Definitely not a great unrack today

Felt strong and big though ( more on that ,lol)

Press
65 85 105 x 3
135 x 2
155 x 2 ( bar too forward on unracking too)
165 x 1 eh
175 x 2 x 10 sets
 pauses were solid but didn't  start holding lockouts til end,
all over the place, really

Lions Roar Snatch
24 kg  x 5 x 5/5

Best explanation here
https://www.strongfirst.com/lions-roar-kettlebell-snatch/?fbclid=IwAR1o0U5ie0rU1HldE1rXM1HyxtdXot_m1YSi84TdVeqiZ4yzIXwNiAw6DQE


really felt like this technique completes my snatch technique. REALLY helped my right arm overhead position and stability immediately.

Very happy with this and impressed that Pavel came up with this


Wt pushups
bw  x 10
53 x 10
85 x 10 x 2

BW 177.4
BF 13.1
W 57.8


No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...