Wednesday, June 03, 2020

175 lb Press 8 sets of 2, 24 kg snatch 5x5/5, wt pushups



Nice 100 degree day out so warming up was no problem Shitty sleep last night with police helicopters dealing with an officer involved shooting a few blocks from my house so at my peak but all systems were go and the groove felt good. Not perfect but good
A bit lazy getting my hips into it as it felt so light but the last 3 sets were best with the last set literally the best set

I have to learn to drive my head back at the sticking point as that seems to be key AND lay back much more before I get the press call

It seems as I warmed up I layed back more each set and the more I did the straighter the line of the bar path and the fast the rep

Also: Keep my damn elbows in. It's harder when the shoulders are more fatigued as they were today from Monday's work but it's an important cue

Press
65 85 105 x 3
135 x 2
155 x 2
175 x 2 x 8 all pauses

didn't remember to overhold the lockout too. Remember this next week!

KB snatch
16 kg x 3/3
24 kg x 5/5 x 5

strong and easy and I can see an important press assistance work for upper back but I have fallen out of love with this movement
Doesn't matter, it still will get done well

Wt pushups
bw x 10
53 x 10 x 3
should have gone heavier but a little easier won't hurt either Just one training partner and loading it's a pain

BW 174.4
BF 14

No comments:

More press mistakes from today

 1) Gotta engage the rhomboids when setting the low rack position.Lock in 2) Elbows up is crucial 3) 'Straight  up' on the unracking...