Wednesday, February 05, 2020

185 lb press 18 x 1, 22 kg swings 10x10, laterals



Interesting day. Started off with Innov8 heels and things went good with warmups and even the first few sets of the work sets, but then the bar started drifting in front again in the same old way and I wasn't sure what to do

I was laying back well, holding the layback and pushing straight up but the bar or my hips  kept drifting again. Not a big deal to correct with 185 but not going make 220 go to lockout.

So I put on my adidas power shoes which has just a .5" heel and that seemed to do the trick. But it wasn't perfect til Glenn told me to push back FROM THE START instead of up.That seemed to make all the difference. Not too much heel but just enough and pushing back instead of up from the start

Also important : taking the weight off the rack with my glutes and torso and not lifting my elbows too much or too high.. Just unrack it, layback, pause PUSH BACK. The bar ended up at lockout just where I want it. I figured it out around set 12 or so but kept doing another and another to make sure I didn't lose it
haha

here's set six which was good but not as fast as I wanted


65 85 105 x 3
135 x 3
155 x 2
175 x 1 ( innov8 shoe)
185 x 1x 5 (innov8)
185 x 1 x 13 with adidas powerlift shoe
Super comfortable

22 kg swings
10x10
these felt great and powerful. LOVE training the swing this way! I go you go pace
wore the adidas shoes here too , just too lazy to change again

laterals
3 x 10/10 with 15s

since going back to the starting on the things position my shoulders are much happier with this exercise

BW 173.4
BF 15.4
W 56. 1

No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2