Wednesday, September 05, 2018

24 kg speed swings 15 min,105 lb 1 1/2 press 10 x 3,walking lunges, laterals



The swings went well but man my shoulders are sore! Not in the joints but the muscles! Haven't felt this in years; like my old bodybuilding days. 160 pushup reps in 3 sets might do that. Especially after those 180 lbs presses!

Also changed to use the Reps GS style bell. the DD bells are so smooth now it's hard to get a solid grip.. I could chalk them up a lot but thought I'd give this a try. They are skinny gs handles  (probably the same as a dd12 kg) but has a toothy powder coat. Big too and they swing much more slowly( center of mass is further away) but this felt great. Nice rhythm and the grip was actually perfect in my hand.

A bit to get used to but I think this will be my wed bell for speed.

24 kg speed swings
15:15 x 8 RPA
15 min
300 reps
15,900 lbs
RPE 7.5

105 lb 1 1/2 press
105 x 10 sets of 3

these felt so good. this exercise has really been transferring to my heavy press. I could really feel that today but man this is getting my shoulders, Especially the holds at the top! Which i am so grateful that I can now actually do!

Walking lunges

these are hard again. Can't figure out optimal stride and I'm tired and sore by now. Still ok

3 laps of 40 steps

Laterals
3 sets of 8/8 with 15's barely!

done!

BW 170.4 ( 3rd day in a row)
BF 12.7 ( age set on 49 for last three days too

Ruck up tomorrow

2 comments:

amr elsa said...

Thanks, it is great post , "As a gym owner and personal trainer, I'm always in search of the latest techniques and exercises to help my members and clients with strength and overall body function. Knowing how much people sit and unknowingly abuse their hips in everyday life makes Unlock Your Hip Flexors so worthwhile. for more click here https://bit.ly/2BULG89

amr elsa said...

Thanks, it is great post , "As a gym owner and personal trainer, I'm always in search of the latest techniques and exercises to help my members and clients with strength and overall body function. Knowing how much people sit and unknowingly abuse their hips in everyday life makes Unlock Your Hip Flexors so worthwhile. for more click here https://bit.ly/2BULG89

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...