Monday, September 10, 2018

185 x 1 x 5PR! Floor pushups PR! 44 kg belt squat, laterals



Well this went great! Way better than expected!  As usual felt like shit coming in, tired and having trouble focusing but warmups went very well and made some decent big jumps too with no problem

The whole time I was very calm and comfortable with the load.The position is finally coming along and I feel like I can find it, AND count on it. The two reps that got forward a bit I was able to fix by driving the hips under the bar more instead of trying to push the bar back. this seems to be the way to fix it as I haven't missed a rep using this technique since I figured it out!

The key technique on the unracking is to really get the hips under, and really use the glutes to take the weight off. Then walking back leading from the upper back. The second rep I walked out too vertical and really had to fight to bring the bar into lockout. The next set, which the above is, was the best of all as I walking it out leaning more.
Like a charm!

Press
45 x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 3
135 x 2
155 x 1 belt
175 x 1 ( slightly out in front)
185 x 1 x 5 sets PR!!

Floor pushups
55
55
55 !!!! All time PR!

man this was solid AND we did these right after instead of doing belt squats first, as usual

44 kg belt squat
10,12, 14, 20

Laterals
3 x 10/10 with 15's

strong day!

BW 171.2
BF 12.3

datsit!

No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...