Monday, September 17, 2018

190 Press x 0,1,0, 135 x 10 PR, 48 kg belt squat, floor pushups.laterals



Was just flat as a board today. Felt decently strong during warmup but just didn't have much to grind all the way when it came to it. That's fine, it's been four strong weeks of super personal bests  and todays' misses weren't bad really

As usual when i get to my max weights what's missing is SPEED off the chest. I'm super fast with sub max weights but I really need to focus on SPEED on my max attempts- something I'm not currently doing.

I have to be faster than nomal with these heaviest lifts. I expect the grind too soon. But the positions held well.

Just all this moving stuff and tale end of the cold has finally caught up to the weight  and I messed up the warmup. Learn this: JUST DO THE REGULAR JUMPS AND TAKE AN EXTRA REP WITH A MODERATE JUMPS
Not try too big a jump to a max pr
I should know better by now

Press
45 x3
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 2
135 x 1
155 x 1
180 x 1 (TOO BIG!)
190 x 0
       x 1 ( kind of, a freakin' 5 second minimum isometric fight to 7/8 lockout
       x 0 even better attempt, should have made this too just too overall fatigued but speed off chest the best of all attempts, No aggression at all

135 x 10 PR ( old pr was 8) could have had more but didn't care lol

48 kg belt squat
4 sets of 12  taking it easy
these felt great

Floor pushups
60
45
35

better than expected

laterals
3 x 8/8 with 20s

BW 169.8
BF 12.3


No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...