Wednesday, December 25, 2019

135-180 5 rep ladder PR, 24 kg snatch 5x5, laterals



Finally! The fourth time is the charm. And it was so easy. the whole workout. Weird. I just got the feel of it and the groove was perfectly consistent on all five sets.
I did feel like it started going really well on the third sets with 155 as I really took the weight off the rack with my arms and upper back and I now think that made a difference.

Perhaps I've been too obsessed with the lower body and have not been using my arms enough! Not enough successive induction for my upper back and pre tensing with the arms and shoulders on the unracking

whatever I did everything felt much lighter although I was light ( 172.6 at workout start) and my bicep tendon was wonky. it was going in and out all day

Press
65, 85 105 x 3

135 x 3 ( made a mistake)
145 x 5
155 x 5
165 x 5
180 x 5 ALL time PR

24 kg snatch
5x5
these felt strong. really using more of a jump style and placing the bell down and not back so much on the downswing. feels much more natural, safer and stronger

laterals
3 x 10/10 with 15s

BW 173.4
BF 15,
W 56.4

No comments:

Thursday ruck

 Another decently strong one. Cool weather again and that helps.. Calves were tight, the only thing slowing me down 45 lb ruck 6 laps 3 mile...