Monday, November 12, 2018

165 kb Press 3 x 5, 1 x 4 3/4, 1 x 4, 32 kg belt squat, floor pushups band pullaparts



this was a surprise given how locked up I was all weekend.Turns out it was my WRIST  that was locking down my elbow and then my shoulder! Had time to really work on it this morning and still couldn't get it to release until a band distraction I was doing for my pec minor adjusted my wrist right at the base of my thumb and after that all the rest dissapated! By the time I finished my bath and got in the gym pretty much everything was a go

Except I was pretty beat up from a weekend of bodywork and joint restrictions and some pain. But all in all I am VERY happy with the workout. All the mistakes I learned from from last week worked great and with just a little more energy I would have made all five sets. Next week

Press
45 x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 3
120 x 2
135 x 2
155 x 1
165 x 5 x 3 sets
       x 4 3/4 x 1
       x 4
I should really count the fourth set as it was SO close to lockout but I won't. it was hard ass rep which probably is what kept me from the 5 rep on the 5th set. On 5x5 you can't have any real grinds or it just kills the rest of the sets

Remembering to re set my elbows as well as 'pause" the lat flex before launch made all the difference Reset the elbows high, squeeze the sponge and glutes and wait just a sec then LAUNCH! the rest worked well

32 kg belt squat
 12  15 18 20

nice to go light. a little closer stance and toe in a bit to work more TFL

Floor pushups
45
40
35

caught up with me :)

Band pullaparts
black band x 40 x 2 sets
red x 40 x 1

these were great. Just didn't the laterals to mess with my wrist but have to add these in everyother workout! they were great when done as a real exercise and not just a corrective

BW 170.2
BW 12,7
W 58%

hopefully everything stays in place for a bit!

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...