Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Mo' swings

Six am training is starting to actually be easier than I thought it would. As I remembered, waking up, drinking some very strong Peets coffee and immediately going mentally to what weight and workload you are going to be lifting very soon has a tendency to focus the mind- fast.

I don't get much stretch out time on these days but it doesnt seem to be bothering me, the groove is very solid and very comfortable, I just fall right into it. I am also making bigger jumps, from the 16 right to the 24, instead of an intermediate jump to 20 kg( to save time) and it, too, seems to be working.

Once I can do 400-500 reps per workout, easily,strongly and regularly, I will go back to alternating the 24 kg one week with rep volume work with the 32 kg, like I used to.No hurry though, I am getting stronger very week and the 32 will be there when I need it.

The energy of the Swing Queen and her stalwarts in her class help a lot.The group energy, even though I am training separately from them, helps greatly. Plus, it's all women, gotta man up:))

Was going to drop down in volume today but the work just seemed easy, so I dropped the reps per arm down from 10 to 5, but still did 20 rep sets. 14 of them today :))

One arm swings

16 k g x5/5/5/5x2
24 kg x5/5/5/5x 14 sets
280 reps
14840

what can I say? much stronger and more confident from the start.really feeling the legs and hips working hard on each rep and the loads much more equally distributed. My back says yes.

Rack walks
16 kg for ten minutes of continuous walking, shifting arms every 60 seconds or so with a clean in between arms.this kicks my ass, as usual but so productive for me in so many ways


stretch out

strap hamstrings
bretzells
up dog
down dog
hip opening squat
overhead stick stretches
behind back stick stretches
front lunge, overhead stretch
foam roller

Nice. datsit. Can't wait to press on Thursday.

No comments:

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...