Wednesday, December 13, 2023

New Approach. Completely new approach

 My right knee cap is still not moving right and now I'm sure it's from the last technique of 'layback til I feel the knees start to bend, then drive'.Even though it worked well it definitely puts too much stress on the knees and the dominant leg took the brunt of it.

So I did everything different. I turned around. Literally. Faced the other way

Put the bar up against the uprights

Wore a lower heeled shoe ( Adidas Power lift)

Took a slightly wider stance

And MAN DID IT WORK

I've never felt so locked in!

I think the main thing is being able to wedge in against the bar in the set up, just like the setup in the squat.It let me get my hips in front of the bar more easily but also WAY TIGHTER!

We'll have to see how it works up with heavier weights but it seems SO MUCH MORE EFFICIENT 

175 X 1 X 2
185 X 1 X 2
190 X 1 X 2
195 X 1 X 2 ( and this is with trying to not over load my leg at the same time)







 this was a great session

20kg transfer swings 5 x 18 ( really enjoying these now instead of dreading thursday light swings

pushups
3 x 27 strong

173.8
14.5

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...