Monday, May 04, 2020

215 lb Press attempt,205 x 1 x 5, floor pushups laterals



This could have gone really really bad. My right thumb this time, decided to wake me up at 12:30 again aching like a son of a bitch. Big time joint compression and I couldn't believe it was from the paltry 160 swings with the 32. Then I realized I had done bodywork on Nick with my thumbs on Saturday and this was body's way of telling me to cut that shit out.

I barely did just a few minutes of work and I was mindul of the pressure but it didn't matter; locked my wrist and thumb and hand up big time

So not only did I  barely get any sleep I also was in pain all night. This, on top of working on the arm for most of the evening

Still there although better in the arm but I still couldn't  assume a mock press position with a false grip!

I was resigned to however the workout went but usually these thing resolve, just as the toe did. in time for training and today was no exception

But mentally I was a zombie and after 5 facetime clients I had no idea where I was

But it was good plus I really got the cue AND the timing down on the last five sets at 205 and that was huge! I have to be patient after the layback and get tight, the once I start the press drive I  have to immediately initiate hip drive as well

what catches me when I get loose is a great bar drive that creates a float but I'm late getting my hips forward, catch it loose then have to fight

On that last five singles I timed it perfectly and got the bar drive followed immediately by my hips and I was under the bar the whole time,
Last rep was easily the best and fastest

Press
65 85 105 x 3
135 x 2
155 x 1
175 x 1
195 x 1 strong!
205 x 1 !

 215 x Miss
205 x 1 x 5 better than the warmup one

Floor pushups
60
50

beat

laterals/rear delts
3 x 10/10  15s

BW 173.8
BF 14.7

No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...