Monday, November 03, 2014

95 lb Military Press,36 kg belt squat, floor pushups, hip sled



The great feeling from yesterday carried onto today quite well. As well as the better sleep. Felt energized and recovered all day. SO nice to feel that again. The elbow/shoulder/ wrist rotations have seemed to have solved the shoulder problem.
Not that it doesn't 'go out' but that I can get it back "in" again immediately. This is what I've been looking for. The broken orthopedics that are my shoulder now create instability very easily; what I've been looking for is the button to push to square myself up again and this seems to it. I KNEW it had something to do with the elbow and wrist!
The circles are best done with the shoulder in extension, about 15-20 degrees but I use a lot of different angles.Both single and double arm circles.
VERY nice not to have that ache 24/7 like it's been

Military press
45 x 5 x 2
65 x 5 x 2 !! ( big jump :) )
75 x 5
85 x 3
95 x 2!!! PR  not bad at all
75 x 5
65 x 5 x 2

this was amazing. that's almost 100 lbs and I clearly remember how tough the 15 lb exercise bar was when I started this trip. wow. very happy. I was not pushing enough with the right arm in the mid sets and I felt my left tricep working too hard. Fixed that fast. Just have to focus on pushing with the right and the left will take care of itself

Belt squat
36 kg x 15  x 4 sets

these were strong and deep

Floor pushups
15
14
11
10

these started out strong and died fast! shoulders and tri's were yelling from the start. How pathetic but I'm making progress

Hip Sled
95 x 250 ft x 3
120 x 250 x 1!

Glenn forgot to unload the sled and I didn't notice so I pulled his weight. Didn't even notice til he told me. time to go up :)

VERY happy with this and my shoulders, a few hours later feel excellent.The last piece of this puzzle may be falling into place.The more 'square, plumb and neutral' I get , the better I feel

datsit
neverquit


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rif, I would like to re-set my shoulders from time-to-time. Can you elaborate on the arm circles. Is it simply pointing your elbow at the wall and rotating the arm?

155 x 3 x 5, 160 x 3 x 5, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 35

 Thought about going back to 5x5 for a hot second then my left shoulder  reminded me why I stopped doing them before. It doesn't seem to...