Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Food and sleep.

AS Cmdr. Jack Reape would say, want to recovery faster? eat more. And yesterday and today I have and I can feel the increase in my recovery already.Warrior Diet got me through the weekend strong but I lost 3-4 pounds and needed to fill up the tank again.

Deep sound, long enough sleep and real food; food that looks like it did when it came out of the ground when it's on your plate are the two best items for recovery I know. I loaded up on garlic, onions, spinach and peppers and I can feel the difference.Food is not just about calories but nutrients. SInce I gone over to eating plenty of complex carbs in the form of veggies and not so much grains I can feel how critical minerals,especially trace minerals, must be to our health and recovery.

I love to be a training monk and not have my routine disturbed but it's good for me to get out of my rut and push my soccial skills a bit once in awhile. I loved teaching so much this weekend;it's such a sharp contrast to the one on one work that I do pretty much do exclusively.Group dynamics are much different than one on one. I have a feeling I am going to be doing much more group work in the future.

Lots of floor work and vibration work today too. Knee is opening up will do some js band traction later.

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...