Wednesday, February 28, 2024

The New Load the Bow 195 x 1 x 10, 190 x 1 x 2, 20 kg swings 4 x7/7, pushups 37, 24

 I think I may have actually figured this thing out. Started out the same way as always , being able to lock in but not able  to get a fast start, to pull the trigger

If I'm too vertical after the initial drive it slows at the top. that's not going to work with 225. If I lay back and get a good arch( lay  back) I can't start fast

Then, after five sets I figured out

1) my hips have to be forward at the start

2) when I lay back after the unracking I HAVE TO PIVOT BACK ONLY FROM ABOVE THE  BELT LINE

3) then I can drive straight up and the bar doesn't go forward

I also had Glenn give me the press call again to slow me down

The cues

1) Hips  in front

2) Spot the X

3) Elbows in

4) unrack keeping hips forward

5) layback from above the belt only

6) PRESS TO X

I switched back to false grip too helps to keep elbows in tight. laying back from the hips forward position and waiting for the call forces me to 'wind up' the tension. a slower call is better than too fast. I have to build the full Bow tension



175.8 at noon

11.7 after bath

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...