Wednesday, August 21, 2019

40kg one arm swings 10x5/5 78 lb wt pushups, walking lunges, laterals



Interesting one. Right glute at IT band insertion has been touchy for the last week and I was very careful not to overload it. It got a bit weird after the pistol attempts a few weeks ago and I've been working on it. It's releasing well so I didn't want to tweak anything trying for too much power on the lower rep sets

Worked out fine and went back to my Inov8 fastlight heels which I think  I'll stay with for swings. Need the 3/4 " height. 1/2 is not enough. I 'll use the do wins for pressing which I think will actually be better

Wasn't sure if fives were going to be enough work but putting out max effort to accelerate really caught up. Did twelve sets but actually could have stopped  at ten

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5
20 kg x 5/5
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 5/5
40 kg x 5/5 x 12 sets
120 reps
10,560 lbs
RPE 7.5

Weight pushups parallel bars
bw x 8
53 x 8
78 x 8
78 x 10

first time going up by adding a chain. worked great. need to up this too

Walking lunges
3 sets of 40 sets

VERY ginger here because of the glute but it actually helped a lot to rebalance quad to glute tension
much better at end than at start

laterals
3 x 8/8 with 20's

BW 172.0
BF 14.1



No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...