Saturday, February 02, 2019

44 kg One Arm Swings 10 x 8/8,Handstand practice, Wt pushups/pistol practice, laterals



This was tough but strong. Solid day. Was able to keep force output high for all ten sets. lungs are back to normal and no coughing. About time.Taking a hot bath for some reason really helps me not overcontract when I start these heavy sets, even if it's not cold enough to really need them from warmup standpoint.

It's amazing, though, how much lighter the 44 feels compared to the 48. As Craig Marker said, ' kettlebell sizes increase exponentially " That feels about right.

One arm swings
16 kg x 5/5 x 2
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 4/4
36 kg x 4/4
44 kg x 8/8 x 10
160 reps
15,520 lbs
7.7 tons
RPE 7

Handstands
3 sets  No problem kicking up and easy to get to the wall. Longer holds. Have to work on
1) keeping my legs TOGETHER
2) keeping my glutes much tighter

all in all very happy with my progress or hell, that I can even invert at all!


wt pushup
bw x 10
53 x 10 x 3 
shoulders feel achy. Handstands first didn't help
Rushed through the sets, too

Pistols
3 sets of 4/4
 alternated with pushups. really focused on staying on the front of the foot the ball behind the big toe. To the point I let my heels come up. This helped depth more than expected,
Still having issues with rec fems cramping up.
probably need to add in some hanging leg raises  now, or soon

Laterals
3 sets of 8/8 with 20's

hard but need to get back to doing this weight every other workout regardless. Been lazy

BW 168.8
BF 11.2 ( bath)
W 59.3

feeling big AND lean these days


see if the weather lets me get a ruck in tomorrow

datsit

No comments:

225 x SO CLOSE, 220 x 1 ( 34th) 205 x 1 x 5, laterals rear delts wt pushups

 This was GREAT! So close on the two plate and wanted to take it again. But I took 220 instead and came  up with one of my all time bests wi...