Monday, March 20, 2023

225 lb press miss twice, 215 x 1 , 205 x 1 x 4, pushdowns laterals rear delts

 Was hoping for four in a row but just didn't come together. On video inspection two main problems : not REALLY pushing the bar up enough to have the bar high off the pins and failing to re spot the X at the sticking point. Either one of these was correct then either attempt might have finished

If I don't really push up I can't really push down and the soft knee start is back.  that always stalls at 3/4 which it did

I also seem to need to push much harder on the setup with the right arm; the elbow is too low and the bar dips to that side. Have to remember to focus on that.
Second attempt was somewhat better but failing to  spot the X let me shift back on my heels and it was over


then I took and missed 215 forward and then realized ( glenn did) that I wasn't looking at the X . took it over and made it

this wasn't that bad but still not exerting enough upward/downward pressure at the start

then 4 singles with 205 which were 'ok' but again wasn't getting tight enough. I will fix that

band pushdowns 3 x 10 blue and black bands

laterals and rear delts 3 x 8

can't wait for wednesday already

BW 175.0
BF 14.4

not bad sleep but definitely not feeling on my game. lots going on with the doggos

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...