Monday, April 11, 2022

215 x 1 x 2 225 miss, 205 x 1 x 6, wt pushups, db laterals, db bent laterals

 This went pretty well even though I missed 225 twice. Warmups went well and the new technique worked pretty well, still a few bugs to even out but I have a much better idea now and the stuff I wanted to try with heavy weights worked decently

I missed 225 mainly because I reverted to the old technique( trying to push the bar back ) and there was nothing there.

Knees unlocked too. I still have to figure out a better standing balance position for the start. I end up rushing mainly because I am losing balance and have to go or not have  chance too. Doesn't matter if my hip drive can overcome it, if my knees unlock the bar goes forward at lockout and that's that

I became confused what to do with my arms too. I didn't hold too much tension in them and I think that's a mistake. I still have to push  up into the bar in the standing rack position.

Also, despite my intentions it seems I am still laying back as I initiate my hip drive and that brings the CCOM back over my heels too much ( instead of my ankle) and this also makes me lose balance

On my best lifts ( like this 205 warmup) I almost seem to drive my  torso up and in as I drive my hips. then press straight up


If I can find that standing balance point so I don't rush and fall back AND still get some initial  acceleration that should keep all the CCOM in balance as I drive

SO

135 x 2
155 x 2
175 x 1
195 x 1 fast!
205 x 1 (above
215 x 1 ( barely knee unlock but I still press it in the right line)

then 225  miss  x 2 pushed bar back and unlocked knees
then some really good 205 downsets for 3 sets of 1
then, feeling spunky, another 215( still falling back too much at start) but still I made it

then 205 x 1 x 2

then weighted dips 3 x 10 with 53 slow with  focus on lockout hold

side raise/bent laterals

3 x 10/10 with 20s


BW 173.4
BF 13.1

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...