Wednesday, April 06, 2022

175 lb press x2 x 4, 185 lb press x 2 x 8 sets, 24 kg speed swings, floor pushups

 Well, back on track! This feels good and I didn't have to wait too long, either.Looking back at those Wednesdays workouts prior to my best ever 225 lb press this was the form and workloads I was doing

Thumbless grip.Bar high on the chest, almost the clavicle. Swing under the bar and take off with the legs but  lock them at start. but not squeezing glutes. Chest up and stays up

 Spot the X and drive the bar to the X when I press BUT initiate the press with hip drive ( on locked knees). Let the elbows stay under the bar but not try to get them in front of the bar.

A vertical line drive towards the x with vertical forearms and elbows under the bar.Straight line

A secondary hip drive ( again with locked knees) at sticking point

Today went great

135 x 2
155 x 2
175 x 2 x 4  started a little rough as I was pressing hands first then hip drive. That's backwards. Hips first then hands straight up


then onto 185 and what turned out to be 8 more sets! I was thinking 4 but it felt like I was figuring something important out




this felt great. SO much speed and such a nice straight line. much more natural

24 kg speed swings

5 x 8/8 about 3 sec rest /sets

Floor pushups
2 x 50

BW 174.6
BF 13.7

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...