Monday, April 05, 2021

205-220lb presses( 225 miss) 205 x 1 x 5, floor pushups, one arm laterals, rear delts

 I knew it was going to be tough when 175 felt heavy. Not a good sign. The ruck feeling heavy and slow yesterday wasn't good too and with my cat tuna being very sick sleep has not been good.

But, all things considered it wasn't too bad, Anytime I can press 220 can I call it a bad workout? Nope

The technique held very well just a few gliches on some sets ( 215 and 225). I can't try to 'sneak' my hips forward at all on the unracking. If I do I shift weight a bit onto my heels, and even a little bit messes me up



Jumped from 215 miss to 220 and made it. thought it was a technical miss and it was

the  next two misses at 225 were technically sound, if not perfect. But I could have made them if I had had a little more gas in the tank. But all signs are good

then five singles with 205, still hadn't really groked the not letting the hips forward at all til the last set! Of course

Floor pushups
3 x 50
don't know where this came from but I'll take it

one arm laterals
3 x 8/8 with 20s
bent laterals
3 x 10 with 20s

BW 176.8
BF 14.7

12 noon
BW 177.8
BF 11.5
W 59.3 ( bath)

EDIT : I JUST  REALIZED THAT I WAS SO FOCUSED ON MY HIP AND LEG POSITION I FORGOT THE PUSH UP INTO THE BAR AND CONNECT THE CHEST UP WITH THE PELVIC UPWARD TILT. THE RIBS PULL THE PELVIS UP! DUH~!

The CUES

1) Stand up TO the chest up/ pelvis up
2) Lock in and freeze
3) hip drive into the press

No comments:

Thursday Ruck

 Decent one.  Legs feeling heavy and tired but lungs and head good 45 lbs 6 laps 3 miles 60 min 175.2