Monday, July 16, 2018

3 more attempts at 200 lb strict press, wt pushups 44 kg belt squat laterals

SOOOOOOO cloooose! First attempt didn't lay back fully but the second , man the second SHOULD HAVE GONE! I just released my glutes at the exact moment of the sticking point and the bar dropped a bit then I tried to re claim it and it just wouldn't go!

But I learned a key component: at the start I have to lean back enough to feel if I went any further I would lose my balance. Because when i start the lift and the bar goes up/forward that brings me back over my base but with the proper amount of arch and over the base.

Also good new is that 190 as last warmup was not in doubt. it too got out in front a bit as I hadn't figured out exactly how much lean to use at  the start but I finished decently

Three very calm attempts and I felt very strong throughout

One more week , If I miss then I go to 190 for multiple singles for awhile

I also realize that handstand and handstand pushups are probably the needed assistance exercise. I havent even tried one in so long. But it might actually be ok. I'm thinking too of  a tuck up instead of a kick up but I'l know more after next week

Strict press
190 last warmup










Press
45 x 5
65 x 3
95 x 3
115 x 2
135 x 1
150 x 1 fast!
160 x 1 solid
170 x 1 best ever
180 x 1 same!
190 x 1 got out in front
200 x 0 x 3

185 x 1
175 x 1 both were strong just fatigued

Wt pushups
BW  x 8
53 x 5 x 2
    x 8

think this has to be rep day :) and go back to belt squats before. too fatigued

44 kg belt squat
15
17
19
20

solid endurance good

laterals
3 x 8/8 with 20's

tired

BW 172!!
BF 12.0 ( recent early morning pr )

datsit

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...