Wednesday, July 18, 2018

122 lb Strict press, 24 kg speed swings 10's,walking lunges, laterals



Switched it up today and started with presses instead of swings. I was itching to practice this new technique and do some without the mirror. Both things went very well. Trying to get maximum leanback before the start of the press really felt right and not having any reflection pulling me forward really changed things. More than I imagined. Really brought be way back in to my body and I can tell my reaction times to the groove will be much faster, and better.

Also played with the trigger again and it will take some to master that's for sure but I think eventually I will use that. My rack position just has to be  much better though before.

Strict press
45 x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
107 x 3
122 x 3 x 10 sets

24 kg speed swings 15:15
10 RPA!
12 min
240 reps
12,720 lbs tonnage

ouch this was hard  . super hot in the gym too and doing it second AND going to tens was just plain tough! A lot of double breathing but I got through it. Glutes were sore from the presses!

Walking lunges

3 laps of 40

ok this killed me. Just dead now. Plus not used to doing lunges right after swings
Good this will be something new to adapt to :)

Laterals
3 x 8/8 with 20

should have used 15s

BW 171.4
BF 12.7

hot ruck tomorrow it seems

No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...