Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Snatch Vo2 35 sets/6, Overhead holds, walking lunges, pushups



Tough one today. Still haven't really caught up on sleep but all the joints feel pretty darn good. Just a bit tired.
Got though it though and it wasn't that bad. I had to stop this for awhile because it was tweaking my back with all the asymmetries that were going on with my knee but it's all coming back to me now. This is a GREAT workout, light and fast and the only kind of interval training I seem to be able to make myself do.
I like the speed of it more than anything. I miss being able to move fast and I used to be SO freakin fast. :)

Snatch vo 2
16 kg
15;15
35 sets of 6
210 reps
7560 lbs work.

definitely on the upswing and technique is falling into place. Definitely going completely by feel here, not worry at all about doing it ANY specific way except as fast and efficient for speed as I can,
Have to get this on tape as I don't know how it looks really.
My lockout feels ok but it also feels like it's getting better; opening up and that's good.

Overhead holds
15 lb bar x 30 sec, 45 sec , 60 sec

this was good. Light but on purpose .definitely better than the kb overhead. this will payoff I can feel it.
Walking lunges on grass
4 laps of 40 steps

Love these, getting stronger all the time. really letting the knee move forward as I lunges, I think of walking in deep snow.
Thinking also of adding in backwards walking lunges as the next progression

Parallel pbar pushups
14, 14, 12, 10

these went good. when the shoulder starts too tire it starts to 'thunk' and I know it's time to gear down. BUT I can do some much more than in recent memory and it's still increasing :)

datsit! me one tired puppy two days off till 24 kg one arm swings. Nice. Lots of stretching to do

neverquit.


No comments:

195 x 1 x 11 , 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 35, 25

  Not great sleep and a bit sore ( no aspirin for last three days) so all in all it was a strong day . Just definitely not 'fresh'  ...