Saturday, October 11, 2014

40 kg One Arm swings (pr), double kb front squat ( 24 kg), pushups and crawls



Felt strong today. Really strong. Surprised actually especially because I was scheduled to swing the 40 kg and I haven't played with this bell in awhile. But warmups went easy and when I got to the first set with the 40( which usually is the worst) it felt strong in my hand. Not light, per se, but I felt strong.

And I just got stronger. Very nice feeling.Grace layed it down and I picked it up

30 minute Body Check warmup
all systems go! truthfully this is the best my entire body has felt in EONS. Even my shoulders felt good. Normal I dare say :)

One Arm Swings
16 kg x 5/5/5 x 3
24 kg x 5/5
28 kg x 5/5
32 kg x 4/4
40 kg x 5/5 x 5
           x 6/6 x 5
          x 10/10 x 1pr
130 reps pr
11,400 lbs !

this felt so strong
My last set of 5/5


Bell height was better than expected. I plan on doing a Five minute one arm swing test before I leave for Copenhagen and Israel at the end of November. After the 36 kg test I couldn't conceive of doing it with the 40. Now I can .

Double front squat

2 16s x 5 x 2
2 20s x 5 x 1
2 24s x 3 x 5 sets

First set was with OLY shoes but, again, I get deeper without them. Strange. With bodyweight I can squat deeper on my toes but I think the bells act as a counterbalance and it's different.
I also did NOT move my stance in which really let me stay more upright.This is definitely the correct stance for my double squat. Much less rounding of the upper back

Floor pushups
2 x 10
2 x 12

very solid

Crawls
Four laps of 50 feet.
strongest ever.

NICE!!!
BW 161.

Can't wait to ruck walk tomorrow. things are back on track.

datsit
Neverquit




No comments:

195 x 1 x 9 205 x 1 225 x CLOSE! 205 x 1 20kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 40, 30

 What a great day! Moved my grip and my stance back in. Concentrated on pushing UP on the bar un takeoff and then decided, during warmups, t...