Wednesday, September 06, 2023

195-205-185 New/Old Layback technique

 This was a very interesting workout. Pretty much had no idea what I was going to do going in. Pretty  much tried everything three times and nothing seems to work consistently

I was going through my YouTube PR press videos and organizing/cleaning up the playlist when I found this old technique
https://youtu.be/Xm5nJ-WLhVc?si=-S2rPLZwXAIh-HLW

It seems I layed back  first then immediately drove into the press. Laying back first seems to activate the forward hip  drive

Tried it today and it worked very well

1) false grip

2) stand up lock out looking at X

3) layback and when I hit terminal position immediately press

The only slow reps I had were the ones where I pushed my hips forward first instead of laying back OR did not lay back enough before starting to press (making me too vertical)

















20 kg swings 4 x 8/8

parallel bar pushups 3 x 10
 need to put these back in

173.6
13.8

No comments:

195 x 1 x 8, 225 x miss x 2, 205 x 1, 20 kg swings 5 x 8/8, floor pushups 45, 40

 This went great and I damn near made 225 on a second attempt at the end. This is going to work Wasted a few warmup sets with false grip til...