Wednesday, February 28, 2018

24 kg speed swings 16 min,bar press practice, kickstand squats, walking lunges, rear delts

After Monday's big day I thought I'd start with swings today instead. Turned out to be a good idea
Adapting to this, finally. Wasn't that big deal and breathing was decent as well as power output

24 kg speed swings
15:15 x 10 RPA
16 min
320 reps
16,960 lbs tonnage
RPE 6

very very pleased with this. The bell didn't even feel heavy after Monday

Military press practice
bar x 5
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 3
127 x 3 x 4 sets


changed things today, experiment time

1) flat shoes ( vibrams) the idea being I consistently lose the bar forwards at the sticking point and the heel puts me more forward and on my quads not my glutes.

2) wider grip (mid grip) since my elbows hyperextend the ring(close ) grip is ok at the start but compromises ROM at the sticking point and lockout
This seemed to help right away with overhead

3)looking forward not up Not sure why just instinct.

4) chest up not just hips forward with lean back. Have to have the chest up to hold the load but the more my hips go forward and I lean back the more I have to work to 1)keep the bar directly over mid foot and 2) the harder it is to push it back over my head without losing balance

5)drive the bar up then back instead of just up
this seemed to work ok too

but, then again, it is lightweight

then
105 x 3 x 2
115 x 3 x 2
120 x 3 x 2



about 13 total sets. very informative
 has promise. I really need to figure out this lockout for 200 lbs press

Kickstand squats
2 sets of 20
Walking lunges
2 laps of 40

rear delts
3 sets of 15  with 15

BW  170.2
BF12.2
W 56.5


was 169.4 right before workout

ok no ruck tomorrow - dentist appointment for my birthday!

datsit
dfq

No comments:

Sunday ruck

 Despite feeling a bit hungover this was very strong and decently fast. Best in weeks! 45 lb  9 laps 1:30 ( must have taken more rest breaks...